Prayers Connect Inc, a 501(3)(c) non-profit based in New York, is building a platform to facilitate connections between mosques and muslims. This is our dawah work through digital technologies. The primary goal is to facilitate the mosque-goers to discover mosques, iqamah (prayers in congregation time), islamic events, islamic schools (coming soon, iA) etc. and allow mosque’s management team to easily connect to their members, donors and ultimately building a complete management system for them.
Prayers Connect is primarily built by volunteers. Most of our contributors have other full-time jobs. However, in addition to our volunteers, we’ve found our internship programs to be extremely successful. Interns were able to get hands-on experience on some of the technologies we use (depending on the work area), learn even more new technologies and get coaching and mentorship from experienced professionals, etc. At the same time, they are also able to make meaningful contributions in world-class products providing them valuable knowledge and experience to be successful in their career.
Technologies used at Prayers Connect:
To know more about Prayers Connect, please visit https://prayersconnect.com/pages/aboutus
Prayers Connect Inc. also has partnered with a few tech startups in Bangladesh like weDevs Pte Ltd, Red Dot Ltd., etc. Upon successful completion of the internship program, we’ll recommend interviews at those companies.
Currently, we’re offering internships for the following role:
Mobile Application Developer
This will be a 6-month UNPAID internship part-time basis (minimum commitment 20/hours/week). Candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be coached for React Native, Expo, and related technologies to build mobile apps for iOS and Android platforms!
- Develop a hybrid mobile application for Android and iOS written in Typescript, React Native, Expo, Native-base, etc.
- Use a variety of tools and techniques to build our apps, following the direction of Senior Engineers.
- Participate in standups, pair programming, code reviews, working together closely to design, code, and test functionality.
- Follow designs and coding guidelines to develop and deliver the applications.
- Seeks input from more experienced individuals to improve the quality of deliverables.
- Join various sessions, programs offered to improve your core skills, soft skills, interview preparations etc.
- You have a decent idea about Node.js.
- You are familiar with React.js and can create small React applications.
Things we’ll coach you for:
- Debugging and problem-solving
- React Native
- Publishing applications
- REST API (consumptions)
- Day to day activities like pair programming, peer-reviewing, productivity tips and tricks
- Interview preparations